LET’S explore CO2 laser resurfacing methods to remove layers of skin tissues by fractionated method!
CO2 laser resurfacing is an ultimate fractional skin resurfacing procedure that removes skin columns while leaving the surrounding tissues intact. BeautyBornMedSpa ensures the safe use of a new generation CO2 laser that uses ultra-pulsed light energy to penetrate a scanning pattern to treat a variety of major skin concerns. The moment you enter our state-of-the-art facility, the warmth and care of the aesthetic staff will welcome you there. The certified laser technicians of Arizona make sure to treat age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, uneven skin tone, discoloration, textural irregularities, dull tone, and thin collagen layer of the skin using the CO2 fractional resurfacing method.
For dramatic outcomes from the procedure, the revolutionary new technology of CO2 fractional resurfacing combines with other treatment options such as tretinoin products, vitamin C lotion, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, RF micro needling, and botulinum toxins. These customized treatments have proved to be effective in reducing fine lines, age spots, and scars. We are glad to tell you more about the fractionated method of CO2 skin resurfacing, how it works, the benefits it brings, and other procedural details. Let’s explore!
WHAT IS CO2 FRACTIONAL SKIN RESURFACING, AND HOW IT WORKS?
The CO2 fractional skin resurfacing is a laser technique that precisely removes the outer damaged skin layers and stimulates the regeneration of healthy skin. The fractional resurfacing procedure is an ablative treatment, however, the intensity of the procedure will determine the healing time. Depending on the intensity (mild to aggressive), healing can be between 2-14 days.CO2 Fractional Skin Resurfacing will be one of the most effective treatments for advanced skin damage and wrinkles. BeautyBornMedSpa promises to provide this treatment for the most results in replacement to many non-invasive treatments.
The ablative CO2 laser resurfacing procedure removes the outer layer of the damaged skin. It heats the dermis, which stimulates the regeneration and growth of collagen, a protein responsible for skin firmness and textural enhancement. As the epidermis heals and regrows a few weeks after the treatment, your skin will appear smoother and tighter. The other benefits that you can get after the treatment are as under:
Benefits of CO2 fractional resurfacing?
The most common use of CO2 fractional resurfacing is the treatment of Acne scars; however, you may benefit from the procedure in the following ways.
- Reduction of age spots
- Reduces crow’s feet
- It helps in eliminating enlarged oil glands, especially around the nose
- Effectively reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Provides a fix to moderately sagging skin
- Improves uneven skin tone
- Helps in the removal of warts
- Efficiently treats sun-damaged skin
- It helps in fixing non-responsive skin after a lousy facelift
Who is an Ideal candidate for CO2 fractional skin resurfacing?
It is essential to pass the candidacy criteria before getting into the treatment. You are the ideal candidate to fix all your skin concerns using CO2 laser if you have realistic expectations and positive motivations from the procedure’s outcomes. However, there are certain conditions where you should always stay away from the procedure to avoid risk and complications. Please follow!
- Skin with extensive breakouts
- Open wounds
- Facial skin infection
- Patients using oral isotretinoin
- Diabetic patients should avoid the fractional resurfacing procedure or consult their health care providers to make it a point to take the treatment.
What to Expect before CO2 fractional skin resurfacing?
The procedure starts with an initial consultation with a certified laser specialist or dermatologist who will explain the pre-procedural skincare before getting into the procedure. The aesthetic practitioners at BeautyBornMedSpa, in Phoenix, Arizona, cares for their patients’ maximum comfort and provides a list of pre-procedural recommendations. If you are interested in taking the most effective skin care treatment with the expert hands of our laser skin care specialists, the following recommendations will help you there;
- Avoid tanning and heavy sun exposure before a month or two weeks
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen for four weeks before treatment
- Avoid using doxycycline and minocycline as these medications cause sun sensitivity to the skin
- Discuss your skincare concerns with the aesthetic practitioner before getting into the procedure
- If you have a history of herpes or cold sores and shingles, inform your physician beforehand.
- You will be given a course of antiviral medications such as valacyclovir to treat herpes a few days before initiating the process. The usual time to start antiviral treatment is two days before and three days after fractional resurfacing treatment.
- Avoid using products containing retinoids as this may affect the procedure’s outcomes.
- To avoid prolonged clotting after CO2 fractional resurfacing, avoid taking ibuprofen, aspirin, and vitamin E.
How the CO2 fractional resurfacing is performed?
The procedure starts by applying local anesthetic cream to the target area to reduce the discomfort. After30-45 minutes, a short pulse laser light or ultra-pulse starts blasting in a scanning pattern to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. Once the dead layers of skin cells are removed, the procedure activates the various microthermal zones to reach the deeper skin layers. The process activates the body’s natural healing mechanism and thus stimulates collagen production. Finally, the old damaged skin cells are replaced by the new healthy skin.
What to expect after CO2 fractional skin resurfacing?
After the procedure, your skin will heal in 2-14 (depending on the intensity of the treatment). The laser resurfacing procedure will leave your skin sensitive; it is essential to follow the post-procedural guidelines, which are listed below;
- Application of an ice packs or compresses may be used for more aggressive treatments.
- Avoid taking a shower for a couple days after the treatments.
- Don’t apply ointments or over-the-counter medicaments. (Your practitioner will provide you specific after-care products.)
- Don’t shave over the treatment area
- Avoid taking saunas, baths, pools, and hot tubs
- Don’t wear makeup until it’s healed completely
HOW LONG AFTER THE TREATMENT RESULTS APPEAR?
The results of treatment depend directly on the severity of skin conditions. For hyperpigmentation, results appear instantaneously; however, for acne scars and fine lines, it will take a while to show the results. We at BeautyBornMedSpa offer 1-4 fractional resurfacing sessions spaced six weeks apart to produce results.
For further information, please book your consultation at www.beautybornmedspa.com, or call/text us directly at 602-800-0022!